About this Archive
The APIRG archive serves as a living, iterative space to preserve APIRG's solidarity movement history and exists as a resource and reference for current and future students, organizers, and community members. This archive aims for intersectionality as a built environment that acknowledges the ways in which archives have been used to oppress, erase, and omit important lived experiences from diverse communities and is therefore constantly evolving along with APIRG and its projects, working groups, and events.
The items in this archive were provided by the APIRG team with additional information either created or sourced by the archival team via APIRG's website and social media channels. APIRG aims to ensure continuity and facilitate resource accessibility for organizers.
This archive was built and updated by subsequent groups of graduate and undergraduate students at the University of Alberta from interdisciplinary faculty and departments including Digital Humanities, Gender and Social Justice Studies, Library and Information Studies, and Science.
The values used to guide and inform the current iteration of this archive build upon the values of APIRG as well as those of the previous archival team(s). In this way, we recognize that the APIRG archive is an iterative project influenced by those who have come before and by the perspectives, voices, and experiences of others into the future.
- Collaboration and Communication - The opinions of all stakeholders in the creation of this archive were sought throughout this archive’s inception. The team engages with the community partner using open and honest communication.
- Diversity - We embrace the differences in all our team members’ cultural and educational backgrounds, expertise, skills, research interests, and experiences. Diversity brings strength to our processes.
- Respect and Accountability - Our group dynamics and work on the archive are shaped by respect and ensure accountability.
- Intersectionality - The team collects data and information from various kinds of databases, platforms, and information systems to facilitate the sharing and analysis of information.
- Accessibility and Flexibility - The archive is created with concern for accessibility and flexibility regarding the organization, design choices, and metadata description. We strive to make the archive accessible, informative, understandable, and engaging for as many communities as possible.
The APIRG archive has been designed to encourage both exploration and more focused searching. You may choose any of the following ways to search or explore items within the archive:
Visit the 'About this Archive' page to browse by:
Browse - Browse the entire archive collection by individual items
Browse Item sets - Browse curated collections of items
Select one of the 'Tags' listed on an item's record to find similar items, or browse tags through the "Tag Cloud" under APIRG Glossary
Click on any item of interest found in the rotating carousels on various pages